The Commerce Manager is a software suite designed to help run businesses that sell products by mail order.
Today, many “mail order” companies actually sell via a variety of sales channels and as a consequence, Trilogy has been continually developing our products to meet the changing needs in the marketplace since 1985.
To illustrate this, here are just some of the various business models from companies that use the Commerce Manager as their primary business system:
- Traditional mail order companies who also sell over the web
- e-Commerce companies who also email catalogues and take sales by phone
- Multi-site retailers who also have a department that sells over the web and by mail order
- Business to business distributors and agents
- Manufacturers who sell directly to the public by distance selling
- Multi-brand mail order companies
- Mailing houses who also fulfill for other mail order companies
- Fulfilment companies who run call centers and fulfill for other businesses
- Call centers who only take orders for other businesses
- Companies who sell by subscription or rental
Trilogy Commerce Manager does not just offer to save you time and money but gives you the opportunity to enhance profitability and turnover through active marketing, greater knowledge of customers buying history, improved efficiency and the automation of time-consuming, routine tasks.
What does it do?
The system consists of an integrated suite of modules for the management of:
- Customers, Agents, Contacts and Suppliers
- Stock - Control and Movement
- Stock - Purchasing, Kit Building and Goods In
- Sales Order Processing -B2C, B2B, Distributors, Mail Order, Web and Consignment
- Distribution and Warehouse Functions
- Accounting - Sales and Purchase Ledger
- Marketing - Campaigns, Mailing, Promotion analysis and Catalogue Production
- Subscriptions, Standing Orders, Book & Video Clubs
- Production Control – light manufacture
- Business Reports
- Electronic Point Of Sale
- eCommerce integration
- Business Intelligence Reporting
The Trilogy Commerce Manager not only provides you with the standard features you would expect in a mail order system but also invaluable and extra functionality not normally found in other systems. For example modules are available for job scheduling, job costing, subscription management, book and video clubs, catalogue production and event or conference bookings.
Integration to existing systems
Often companies do not want to change their complete business system in one "hit". The Trilogy Commerce Manager is modular with an open architecture to allow you the option to interface modules of our system with parts of your existing system.
As a Microsoft partner, the Windows platform and .NET was chosen for an open systems approach together with the ease of integration to the internet, e-mail and industry standard software. The system operates on a Windows 2003 and XP powered by a Microsoft SQL Server database.
Read Ernie Schell's 2004 independent review of the Trilogy Commerce Manager published in Catalogue & e-Business.