Ecology and agricultural monitoring programs can cover a variety of applications including veterinary, fisheries, agricultural products, livestock and forestry. The Trilogy system can be used to plan a monitoring program to ensure biological health. Typical difficulties in designing a schedule include optimizing the man-power, geographic routes, inserting ad hoc events, increased frequencies due to an adverse event and seasonal variations.
The plan and day-to-day monitoring or sampling schedules are created in TAPS. Either a paper round sheet is created or the data is transferred to the hand held PDA –HAND. Field data, result data, observations or surveys are entered into the system. If laboratory data is required to be analyzed, sample details can be either sent either to an existing Laboratory Information Management System or alternatively Trilogy can provide you with a new LIMS.
Data can then be transferred to a data warehouse such as TIME for reporting and analysis purposes. TAPS Business Intelligence provides the same ad hoc flexible reporting facilities as TIME but is used for interrogating data on the field collection and monitoring program.
Key benefits and features include:
- Creates an optimized plan, minimizing travel time for field staff
- Assigns work to samplers or monitoring staff
- Ensures compliance for collections
- Calculates field staff workload. Estimates time to complete a round
- Random selection of sampling points possible
- Produces required paperwork, chain of custody, round instructions, bottle labels etc.
- Missing samples or work is easily and quickly identified
- Automatically pre-registers samples in the laboratory – either your own LIMS or a contract laboratory
- Provides a full digital chain of custody
- Review and copy facility for the complete plan for future years or time periods
- Translation tables for non-English languages
The system is available in two optional configurations:
Affordable software running stand-alone on a PC
Networked solution based on SQL Server or Oracle database
For further details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org